How to install the Mermaid Assistant plugin
Who is this article for
- Anyone who owns the Mermaid Bundle and want to install the Mermaid Assistant Plugin with API Keys.
- If you want to integrate manually into your own Divi child theme see related articles below. NOTE: For experienced users only.
Time to complete
- 10 minutes
How to install the Mermaid Assistant Plugin
Please note that the latest version of the Mermaid Assistant Plugin requires an API Key (not mentioned in the video below) . If you have an older version of Mermaid, you can still use it without the license.
Follow these steps (also detailed in the video above):
- Install the plugin - Go to "Plugins" and choose "Add new". Then "Upload plugin" - Choose zip file, install and activate the "Mermaid Assistant Plugin"
- Input API Key - Once installed, activate the plugin by clicking "Activate" button. After that, you will have to enter your API license details: API key and API email address.
You can find API key in your Divi Den account. Log in and find the API keys page under My Account menu item.
API keys for the products you have purchased are listed on this page. For the API email, type in the email address you used to purchase the plugin with.
- Import Library .json - Unzip and upload .json file to Divi library. Problems uploading the .json file? See this How to change the WordPress PHP upload limits
- Load layouts & modules - Go to new page and load layout or module from the library 1. If you want to load entire page layout, click "Load From Library" link.
- Change text, colours & images - Where to change the colours ? Module Settings Tabs (Content, Design and Advanced)
- To Make custom CSS changes to colours - Open the master CSS colour changer file in a text editor. The file is included in the download zip file. Read the labels/comments in the file and find the module you want to change. Replace the relevant colour for the matching CSS rule - then copy/paste the complete CSS rule into the "Custom CSS" box on the page edit screen OR in the theme settings "custom CSS" box
2. When you want to load only a single module, click "Add from Library" link below the section.
Benefits of installing the plugin
- Library-preview Thumbnails – Work faster by knowing exactly which Mermaid module or page layout you are loading onto the page. Thumbnail previews make it so much easier.
- Automatic Functions.php Code – The Assistant plugin automatically adds all required functions code and CSS. No need to add it manually anymore.
- Automatic Updates – Get plugin updates directly to your dashboard. Get Mermaid bundle updates as they roll out. No need to manually download and install theme files anymore.
- Improved Custom CSS Changes – 90% of style updates can be made in the module settings. For the other 10% there is one file that contains all CSS rules. Clearly commented and easy to match. Simply find the CSS rule. Change the colour and copy paste it to the custom CSS box and you are set. Check the tutorial videos for each module to see what you can change.
- Use with Divi or any Divi Child Theme – The Mermaid Assistant Plugin integrates neatly with Divi and Any Divi Child Theme.
- Can I use the Mermaid Plugin and other Divi Den bundles together? – Absolutely yes! This is exactly why we made the Mermaid into plugin. So you don’t have to mix two child themes together. The plugin handles all of that. Just install and start building!