How to install Pixie Assistant plugin
Who is this article for?
Anyone who owns the Pixie Bundle and wants to install the plugin.
• Skill level: Easy
• Time to complete: 10 minutes
Before you begin
- Please make sure you have the latest Divi Theme installed. You do not need a child theme for the Pixie Bundle to function.
NOTE: If you want to make significant code modifications then please install a Divi child theme as it will become easier to manage.
- Pixie Bundle automatically adds all CSS & functions code. You do not need to add any of the CSS files from "source files". The only time you will use custom CSS is if you want to change colours that cannot be changed in the module settings. For that, you will copy/paste only a small bit of code needed to change something in a module. Use the master CSS colour changer file to find the module - and copy paste the updated CSS code into the Divi Custom CSS box and hit save.
- Important: The Pixie Assistant is a licensed plugin and is downloaded from API downloads sub-menu option under your account. See screenshot below:
Install the plugin: Go to "Plugins" and choose "Add new". Click "Upload Plugin" button. Browse "pixie-assistant-v1-2-6-plugin.zip" file.
Input API key Once installed, activate the plugin by clicking "Activate" button. After that, you will have to enter your API license details: API key and API email address.
You can find API key in your Divi Den account. Log in and find the API keys page under My Account menu item.
API keys for the products you have purchased are listed on this page. For the API email, type in the email address you used to purchase the plugin with.
Import Master Library .json: Go to Divi->Divi Library and upload "master-divi-library-import-pixie-bundle.json" file to Divi library. If installing .json files give you errors, it may be due to upload limit size on your server. First look for the SPLIT files. Unzip the "UNZIP-ME-pixie-bundle-ALL-modules-LIBRARY-import-split-in-13-parts.zip" and upload smaller library files under 10mb each. Often this helps to get all library items uploaded in smaller bits. If that does not work then see this How to change the WordPress PHP upload limits
Load layouts & modules: Go to the page where you want Pixie Bundle loaded and make sure to have Divi Builder enabled.
1. If you want to load entire page layout, click "Load From Library" link.
2. When you want to load only a single module, click "Add from Library" link below the section.
Change text, colours & images: Customising is possible from Module Settings Tabs (Content, Design and Advanced).
To Make custom CSS changes to colours: Open "master-css-colour-changer-pixie-bundle.css" in the text editor. The file is included in the download zip file. Read the labels/comments in the file and find the module you want to change. Replace the relevant colour for the matching CSS rule - then copy/paste the complete CSS rule into the "Custom CSS" box on the page edit screen OR in the theme settings "custom CSS" box
That's it! All done.