6 kinds of caches to clear
Who is this article for
- Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to completely clear the cache on your website
Time to complete
- 10 minutes
6 kinds of caches to clear "before" reviewing any changes to content, scripts or CSS.
- Important: Divi Theme setup. Before you build new pages with Divi theme first do this. Steps 1-6. https://www.screencast.com/t/8uJX7Jgg - Then come back and do the rest. See screenshot below too.
- Browser caching for desktop, table or mobile devices (web visitor or your own browser). How to clear your browser cache or load the page in a Private or Incognito tab.
- Plugin caching (a plugin like wp-rocket, fastest cache, w3Cache etc).
- Server-side caching (Plesk, cPanel, Webmin etc.) - Consult hosting company knowledge base or support.
- CDN caching (Cloudflare, AWS Cloudfront, Max CDN etc.) Note: this can take up to 30 min to reflect changes.
- Hosting provider caching (Managed hosting like WpEngine, GoDaddy and many others) - Consult hosting company knowledge base or support.
We recommend that you keep all caching deactivated while you are developing a website. Save yourself a lot of time and effort.
Divi Theme caching deactivation. Minify and Static Css file Creation. How to deactivate it - see image below.