How to manually integrate Unicorn 2.0 Bundle into a child theme (without Assistant plugin)
Who is this article for
- Anyone who wants to manually integrate the Unicorn 2.0 Bundle into a Divi child theme without using the Assistant plugin
IMPORTANT: If you want to use the Unicorn 2.0 Assistant plugin, please see: How to install the Unicorn 2.0 Assistant plugin
Time to complete
- up to 1 hour
Before you begin
- Please make sure you have the latest the Divi Theme installed. You do not need a child-theme for the Unicorn 2.0 Assistant Plugin to function.
NOTE: If you want to make significant code modifications then please install a divi child theme as it will become easier to manage.
- Do not use the Unicorn 2.0 and "Unicorn1 Bundle" together. Everything was improved in Unicorn 2.0 and it is not compatible with "Unicorn1 Bundle".
- Simply use Unicorn 2.0 on a new website and follow the steps below as if it is a brand new installation.
- IMPORTANT: If you have to migrate from Unicorn 1 to Unicorn 2, please see: How to migrate from Unicorn (legacy version) to Unicorn 2.0
How to add the Unicorn 2.0 Bundle CSS and functions to your own Divi Child-Theme.
- Download the Unicorn 2.0 Bundle 'Source files' zip from /my-account/. Unzip it to your local machine. Import master .json file or separate modules .json files into the Divi Library
- Add the Unicorn 2.0 Bundle CSS to your site - you can add it to your child theme CSS files (recommended) or to Divi custom CSS in theme options (might be difficult to edit and updated if you add a lot of code)
- Clear Divi builder cache in Divi theme settings and any caches you are using on your site
- Start building pages